Sunday, June 03, 2007

What IS a win?

I have questions about contest wins.

What really constitutes mentioning? Is 3rd honorable mention truly a win?

That is the place I took at a recent contest. I don't consider that a placement at all. I'm not eletist or anything. I just don't think the equivalent of 6th place is a winner. After all, there were only about 20 entries at most.

There should be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That's all. Unless the contest has one hundred entrants, why bother with further placements?

This is a pet peve of mine. May not bother you. If not, disregard. If it bothers you, too, let's boycott honorable mentions! I rarely claim them (unless the source of the contest is a biggie).

Have a great day - pet peeves and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home